As an African - American citizen of the United States, I'm not having a good week. As a born and bred Dallasite, I feel like I'm living in a nightmare. I'm worried that this country is on the precipice, that there is some some of reckoning coming and I feel powerless to stop it.Read More
Pause for the Cause
It's a history lesson, it's a view into the future. It's truth and it's fiction. It's black girl magic and vaunted womanhood all wrapped into one.Read More
It's a testament of faith and good Christian values to forgive the unforgivable. I'm saying... I'm not there yet. I'm fresh out of cheeks to turn. I've got no "Oh that poor lost soul" excuses for a man who sits down in fellowship and runs away leaving devastation behind. That's some hateful behavior.Read More
I'm tardy to the party on this one because, ya know - I'm out here trying to live my life. As a sista. You feel me, tho? You don't mind me speaking to you in urban colloquialisms, do you? Didn't think so.Read More
|A selfie of Mike Brown with his little sister...|
- Everything that happened from the moment Darren Wilson shot that child six times to the police rport coming out has been bullshiggity and a complete subversion of the legal process.
- I don't appreciate celebrities who had nothing to say or offer before the funeral showing up for the photo op
- Very few journalists are telling this story with a 360 degree view. It's frustrating.
- Once again, Black Twitter had to drag the country's attention towards real news. It was three days of images looking like 1980 Beirut and two mainstream journalists getting beat upside the head in McDonald's for news outlets to catch up.
- Some dude put up a picture of Darren Wilson and a picture of George Zimmerman side by side with the hashtag #myheroes. Really?
- President Obama is not a Magic Negreaux. His ascension to the Presidency didn't cure racism or sent us into a color-blind utopia where bad shiggity never happens. Once more for the cheap seats... post-racism is a lie.
- President Obama has to be POTUS for 317 MILLION people. If he goes to one funeral for tragically killed black boy, he'd have to go to them all and never have time to do any other damn thing.
- Is the man, Obeezy, not deserving of a damn vacation? I mean look at him:
|Weary on the journey|
The answer came to me after stumbling across this:
Thanks for listening, BougieLand.
• In 2011, an estimated 230,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed among women, as well as an estimated 57,650 additional cases of in situ breast cancer.• In 2011, approximately 39,520 women are expected to die from breast cancer. Only lung cancer accounts for more cancer deaths in women.• In 2011, about 2,140 cases of breast cancer are expected to occur among men, accounting for about 1% of all breast cancers. In addition, approximately 450 men will die from breast cancer.