Okay BougieLand, it's that time again. Thanks as always for your emails and questions. For those of you that want to send in questions for the next round, I'm emailable at email@example.com. So, for those not aware of the rules: Instead of a full-fledged episode of Ask a Bougie Chick, I just take a sampling of five questions I've been asked recently and answer them. In the spirit of fairness, I printed out the questions, shuffled and picked five at random. I'll share my answers and then I expect each of you, dear readers, to do the same. We love Getting to Know You Day… don't we?! Without further ado:
- What is the stupidest thing a man trying to holla has ever said to you? "You don't mind that I'm married, do you?" Nuff said.
- You seem to like a lot of different types of music, what's your favorite genre and your least favorite? R&B/ Neo-Soul is my favorite. Metal is my least favorite although I have some Metallica I rock from time to time. There's nothing like "Enter the Sandman" to get you moving through a work out. Also not too keen on bluegrass though I will listen to some country. When I want to completely mellow, I go old R&B standards – Stevie, Aretha, Donny, Gladys and dem.
- You've lived in a few cities, which was your favorite? If you could live in any city in the world, where would you live? I loved living in the San Francisco Bay Area. If I could live in any city in the world? Maybe Barcelona. I loved it there: the food, the folks, the architecture. I speak Spanish and I believe in the afternoon siesta. Plus, all my favorite cities have mountains on one side and water on the other. Yes, I know none of that is in Dallas. Moving on…
- Would you vote for Obama again (if there was a do-over)? And in 2012? As opposed to who? Yes I most certainly would. And yes I most certainly will. People have such short memories. The hell we went through with the Idiot Shrub for 8 years? You can't tell me Obama has done a worse job than that. And quite frankly, I can't think of a smarter candidate from either side.
- Who is the most famous person you ever met? I don't know, who's more famous: Hillary Clinton or Michael Jordan? One of them. Hillary was nice if a little forced, Jordan was not having a good night.
Alright BougieLand, it's your turn, let me switch them up a little to make it interesting:
1. What's the lamest thing said to you by an aspiring S.O. candidate?
2. What's your comfort music genre, when you want to feel good? What genre will you just not listen to?
3. If you could live in any city in the world, what city would you pick?
4. I'll switch this one up. Let's pretend Obama decides not to run in 2012, who's your pick?
5. Name a famous person you would love to meet.
Answer one, all or just say hi - enjoy!