It's been a minute since we discussed bougie inclinations. Could be that the long hot summer has caused your bougenificence to dip a little bit. Maybe you are ready to tighten up your bouge game and take it to the next level. Maybe I needed to write something quick and easy since I spent hours figuring how to upgrade the comments section? At any rate, for your reading entertainment and JUST in case you were feeling the need to check your bouge temperature, here are a few more quick and easy tests for you. You MIGHT be bougie if:
- You thought the world could have survived without Soul Plane and Big Momma's House 2.
- You can wear an outfit from Ross Dress for Less and make it look like Chanel Couture.
- You have a personal shopper. überBougie if it's at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, or Bergdorf Goodman.
- You have been called an Oreo so many times you went ahead and bought stock in Nabisco.
- White people frequently tell you one of the following:"You are so articulate" "You are very intelligent" "You are different from other black people I know"
- You know that Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutain and Jimmy Choo are not some good looking men, but fabulous shoe artists.
- You have studied a foreign language and can speak it (no, ebonics doesn't count)
- You are familiar with spices and seasonings beyond Lawry's Seasoned Salt, pepper and ketchup.
- You can name Museums in three major cities (we'll spot you the Louvre)
- You enjoy eating different types of international cuisine. This does not mean dipping the chicken nuggets in sweet and sour sauce.
Any bouge sightings to share?
[By the way, Chris Brown's bowtie (from last night's unfortunate Larry King interview) was not bougie. That sh*t was just pretentious. You can't beat down your girlfriend and think a baby blue satin bowtie makes it all better.]