I spent my summer doing renovations on my new (old) house and avoiding all mentions of Donald Trump on media outlets. Do you have any idea how difficult it was to avoid this fool? It became a sport to me. How many different things I could do to avoid ever having to listen to, hear about, reflect on, get queasy over the bigoted, bombastic barnacle of foolery that is Trump.
I'm more than a little appalled that this level of hateration and holleration is still getting airtime up in the dancerie. (h/t to Mary J) I'm even more infuriated that the press is covering him like he's a real thing. SERIOUSLY? Is this someone you would send overseas to speak on behalf of this nation? Does he not epitomize ALL that the rest of the world hates about Americans? Loud, rude, uninformed, entitled, spoiled and completely unapologetic for all of it.
This dude is not a President, he's a reality TV star with as many marriages as bankruptcies. I rarely hate people but I. Hate. This. Dude. I'm so tempted to start a Kickstarter fund to bail out anyone who'll punch him right in his ever-flapping mouth. During Venus and Serena's epic US Open match, I prayed for a stray 100 mph serve to knock that fake raccoon off of his fat head. Did I mention I hate this dude?
Here's how I've avoided Trump Circus for the past few months.
- I adopted a no-Trump-Anything policy. No Ivanka, Ivana, Jr, none of em. This was a sacrifice as Ivanka actually has a few cute shoes out there but I can't condone anything Trump-ish in my vicinity.
- I put a filter on my Twitterfeed to block any accidental Trump mentions into my TL.
- I gardened. I'm now the proud owner of pruning sheers, a weed whacker and a hedge trimmer.
- I re-watched all eleven seasons of Grey's Anatomy. All. Eleven. Now that some serious commitment to Trump avoidance. I watched a series on NetFlix called Narcos. It was almost all in Spanish and very detailed and gory look at the reign of Pablo Escobar (who would have loved The Donald) - I watched the whole thing. I re-watched The Wire. Again.
- I worked my ass off. For the day job and the writing. I'll have a five-part novella series coming out later this year.
- I now know how to hit all the mute buttons for my TVs without waking up.
- I have perfected my fajita recipe. Chicken, Beef and Shrimp. Next I'll be tackling carnitas.
- I restarted the Family Fantasy Football league. The rookie from outside the family is kicking our butts. But so be it.
In essence, I made the world (my world anyway) a better place by surgically removing all Trumpishness. Imagine my disappointment and dismay when I emerged from my Trump-free Zone to still see him leading the major news outlets. Boo, I say.
What's it gonna take to sit this dude down for once and for all? Can anyone logical explain the Trump love to me? Anyone, anyone?