As we near the end of the year, I find myself growing more and more impatient to shed the old and embrace the new. This process involves the quarterly rehabilitation of my closets (yes, plural – moving on!). My address book also gets a scrub, if I haven't had occasion to talk to you in over a year, you may get moved into a different contact category. Two years, you are facing deletion. As long as I am cleansing and purging, I might as well empty out some random thoughts and observations rattling around in my head. Without rhyme or reason… here we go:
- Mentals is not a word. Nor is conversate or ackin'. So no, I'm not "feelin' your mentals" or trying "conversate witchu." And no, I'm not "ackin' brand new."
- Why is it always the brothers struggling to make penny status talking about how they'll only date a dime? (This makes no sense to me)
- Mean-muggin' is only appropriate when you are a really mean person or protecting your turf, your person, or your worldy goods. 24/7/365 mean mugs are only appropriate for prisoners and disenfranchised teenagers. Put a smile on for your face, for goodness sake.
- Is it bad that I want the new BlackBerry because it comes in purple?
- Have you noticed that the person you LEAST want to hear from is the FIRST person to call you for the holidays?
- I hate the phrase "stay in your lane." It's condescending and rude. 1) Don't assume you know what my lane is 2) Nothing ventured nothing gained and 3) Just stop saying it.
- Ladies, how are you raising up your drinks talking about you are independent when you have random bed-partners paying your light bill, cell bill, bus pass? There's a word for that and it's not independent.
- Is it just me or does every woman have at least one pair of jeans in their closet that they KNOW they are never going to fit into? (I could swear they snickered at me the other day)
- And in honor of World AIDS Day – please don't tweet RED, wear RED, preach RED if you are still having unprotected sex with folks… that's a deadly fail. Get tested, get smart and get involved.
Okay, that's it for now. Thanks for bearing with me. Any random thoughts of your own to share?